Family footie quiz
With Euro 2020 now in full swing, now’s the perfect chance to put your family’s football knowledge to the test with these brilliant brain teasers! Younger children might enjoy the questions in this children’s TV quiz, too.
1. Which Liverpool star also played for Southampton and Celtic?
– Sadio Mane
– Adam Lallana
– Virgil van Dijk
2. Which team has won the most FA Cup trophies?
– Man United
3. Where in France was the 2019 Women’s World Cup final played?
– Stade De Lyon
– Parc Des Princes
– Allianz Riviera
4. Which club did Manchester United sign Anthony Martial from?
5. Which country do Orlando Pirates play in?
– South Africa
6. At which club did Aaron Ramsey begin his career?
7. Which Match of the Day pundit did NOT play for Liverpool and Spurs?
– Ian Wright
– Peter Crouch
– Danny Murphy
8. What do the initials VAR mean in football?
– Very Awful Reaction
– Video Assistant Referee
– Video Action Replay
9. Which trophy is contested between the Premier League and FA Cup winners?
– Club World Cup
– Community Shield
– EFL Trophy
10. What is AFC Bournemouth’s nickname?
– The Berries
– The Nuts
– The Cherries
Scroll down for the answers!
- Virgil van Dijk
- Stade De Lyon (also known as Parc Olympique Lyonnais)
- South Africa
- Ian Wright
- Video Assistant Referee
- Community Shield
- The Cherries
Match of the Day magazine is on Alexa and Google!
If you and your kids love football (and quizzes!), don’t miss the new Match of the Day magazine footy trivia quiz on Amazon Alexa and Google devices. Simply say, “Alexa, open Match of the Day magazine” or “Hey Google, talk to Match of the Day magazine.”
You can either play in the Sunday League or the Pro league, which has harder questions. And if you choose to play for a football club, your scores will be added to a leaderboard on the MOTD website. Find out more here.