Do you just need to sit down? These zero-prep activities are perfect for creating quiet time. From drawing to yoga, even the most active kids will find a calming activity here to enjoy - so you can put the kettle on.
Ideas for when chasing people, space hopper races, building dens and playing catch all gets a bit much!
5 Easy drawing activities
- Challenge your child to draw a family portrait.
- This drawing video tutorial shows how to draw the perfect unicorn.
- Remember consequences? You each draw a head, fold the page, draw a body, fold the page, and so on… reveal your funny pictures at the end.
- Draw a squiggle and see if your child can turn it into an object, an animal or a person. And then get them to do the same for you.
- Can your child draw an alien and an awesome planet for it to live on?
5 games to play
- Raspberry or kiss? They guess and then you either plant a kiss or blow a raspberry on their arm.
- I Spy – it’s a classic, but this game helps children learn colours, shapes or phonics sounds while sitting down.
- Window bingo. Make a grid with words or (simple) pictures of things they can look for out of the window. Can they spot them all? Ideas: tree, red car, blue front door, bird, cat…
- Memory game – lay out objects on the table and then cover them with a tea towel. Can your child remember what was there?
- Three in a row – draw a grid and add noughts and crosses (or stars and flowers). The winner is the first to complete a row of three.
We stock lots of fun games in the 5 Minute Fun Shop.