Images and words: Sara Conway
Tip! Some of these recipes use mini kebab sticks. Before they start assembling, cut the pointy ends off the kebab sticks with scissors. They cut off easily and the sticks will still push through the fruit.
1 Pineapple pops: so simple, so fun!
You’ll need: pineapple rings, berries, yoghurt, mini flat kebab sticks, baking tray, baking paper
They just pop the pineapples on the sticks with a berry in the middle. Lie them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with yoghurt. Then freeze!
2 Banana icies: chocolate-dipped bananas are a real treat
You’ll need: banana, chocolate (to melt), mini flat kebab sticks, baking tray, baking paper
- Help children melt the chocolate by putting it in a microwavable bowl and blasting for 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
- Meanwhile, they break the bananas in half with their hands and stick each half on a kebab stick.
- Now they dip the bananas in the chocolate. They can dip them in additional toppings at this stage, like chopped nuts, sprinkles or coconut. Then lie on a baking tray.
3 Yoghurt ice cakes: they’re berry delicious!
You’ll need: yoghurt, berries, cupcake cases, muffin tray
- First your kids pop cupcake cases into the sections of a muffin tin. Then they dollop the yoghurt into the cases.
- Now they pop in the berries and press them into the yoghurt.
- Put them in the freezer until they set (about 3 hours).
4 Yoghurt drops: dolloping yoghurt creates little sweets
You’ll need: yoghurt, scissors, baking tray, baking paper
Tip! If you buy fromage frais in a tube, you can snip the corner off the little pouch and then they can pipe shapes, letters and numbers with the yoghurt.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Now your child can create blobs of yoghurt on the baking tray.
- Once set, pop them off the baking parchment into a cup.
5 Dipped strawberries: dip, freeze, repeat!
You’ll need: yoghurt, strawberries, baking tray, baking paper
- Set up a dunking station for your child with a bowl of yoghurt, a packet of strawberries and a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- They dunk each strawberry and lie them on the baking tray.
- Put in the freezer until set.