We love the rainbows that are appearing in children’s windows to give everyone a message of hope during the Coronavirus pandemic. Use the time you have at home to make some beautiful rainbow art and display it in your window.
1) Swoosh a rainbow: washing up sponge painting
You’ll need: a washing up sponge, paper, paint
What to do:
- Ask your child to paint the colours of the rainbow in stripes across the sponge.
- Then they swoosh it in a rainbow arc. It works best if they press down on the sponge. That’s it!
2) Fingerprint rainbow art
You’ll need: paints, paper, fingers
What to do:
- Ask your child to dip their finger in red and print a rainbow arc.
- Repeat for all of the colours of the rainbow.
3) Rainbow handprint painting
Print a handprint and turn it into a beautiful bird.
You’ll need: paint, a hand, coloured paper and googly eyes
1. Ask your child to paint a rainbow on their hand and press it on to a piece of paper.
2. Now, help them to draw and snip the peacock’s body from blue paper.
3. Draw and snip some feet and a beak from yellow paper.
4. Assemble the peacock and give him some googly eyes.
4) Rainbow photograph
Send your kids to collect things that are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink. Challenge them to turn a table floor into a rainbow… And then take a beautiful photograph to share with family and friends.