Images and words: Sara Conway
1 Over the rainbow: a magical 3D collage
You’ll need: blue paper, card, different coloured ribbons, glue, cotton wool
- Help your child cut a strip of card to arch across the blue paper (sky).
- They cover it in glue and then lay the ribbons across it so it’s covered completely.
- Help trim the ribbon and card to make it neat.
- Arch the rainbow across the page and then add cotton wool clouds.
2 The Lion King: ribbons make a majestic mane
You’ll need: orange ribbon, orange card, a pen, googly eyes
- Help your child cut a circle and a sloping triangle (the lion’s body) out of the orange card.
- Now they take an orange ribbon, make loops with it and tape them to one side of the circle.
- Then they can draw a face and add googly eyes to the other side.
- Finally, they stick the head to the body and add a ribbon tail.
3 Stick people: if they’re a fan of Hey Duggee’s stick episode, they’ll love this!
You’ll need: sticks, ribbons, googly eyes, glue
- Pop googly eyes on the sticks.
- Now wrap ribbons to make clothing. Simple!
4 Flip flop: and we don’t stop!
You’ll need: a pair of feet, paint, ribbon
- First your child makes a footprint on coloured paper.
- Once dry, snip around it in the shape of a flip flop.
- Now they stick two ribbons in a V to make the straps.
5 Ready, steady, race! tape ribbon to the floor to make a racetrack for toy cars to zoom along.