Chocolate Rice Krispie cakes will always be a firm favourite at Easter (mostly because they taste SO good). Make your own delicious chocolate Easter nests with our easy recipe – the only difficult bit will be trying not to eat them all once you’ve put your child to bed.
Please bear in mind that mini chocolate eggs aren’t suitable for children under four, as they pose a choking hazard.
How to make chocolate Rice Krispie cakes
- 100g puffy rice
- 200g chocolate
- Mini chocolate eggs
- Cupcake cases
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time. Stir in-between each time.
2. Meanwhile, your child can measure and pour the puffy rice into a bowl.
3. Then, they can add the melted chocolate. Give your kid a spatula so they can stir it all up!
4. Next, they dollop the chocolate mixture into the cupcake cases, and decorate with chocolate eggs.
5. Chill in the fridge until set.
We hope you enjoyed learning how to make these tasty chocolate Rice Krispie cakes! Here are more cakes you can make in the fridge.