Easy paper mache craft
Use paper mache (or papier mâché) to make a car that really works!
1. Paper mache car with moving wheels
What to do:
- Prepare the papier-mâché mix, using this simple recipe.
- Tape the smaller box on top of the bigger box to make the shape of a car.
- Poke 4 holes in the bottom box with a pencil (2 at each side). Slide in the two paper straws.
- Cover the structure of the car with strips of newspaper dipped in the papier-mâché mix. Finish with a layer of white paper strips. Leave to dry overnight.
- Make the wheels. Cut 4 circles the same size from the stronger cardboard. Make a hole in the middle of each one with the pencil and push them onto the straws. Paint them black.
- Once the car has dried, your children can paint it. Then pop the four wheels on the ends of the straws. You might have to tweak the size of the hole in each wheel to allow them to turn.