What to include
Putting together your own Christmas Eve box is a magical way to create some lovely family memories for your little ones. It’s simple to do – just buy or decorate an empty box and fill it with small festive treats, then pop it under the tree for your little elves to discover on Christmas Eve.
We covered a post office mailing box with wrapping paper and lined it with tissue paper to create ours. We’ve listed favourite products from the 5 Minute Fun Shop as well as other brands we love. Scroll down for Christmas Eve box ideas with Numberblocks, Dinosaur and Frozen themes.
Christmas Eve box ideas
- Elf Towel, £37.99, Cuddledry
Make bath time on Christmas Eve extra special with this gorgeous elf towel, made from supersoft and cuddly eco-friendly bamboo fibre and pure cotton. If only they made one for grownups!
- Keep Busy Activity Pack, £16.99, 5 Minute Fun
Christmas Eve can be a little busy! Spuds to peel, last-minute presents to wrap and an over-excited 4-year-old asking one hundred questions about Santa. Keep little hands and minds busy with this sticker activity book, play prompt cards and a bingo game the whole family will play over and over again.
- Mummy Meagz What’s O-Stirring Luxury Hot Chocolate Stirrer with Marshmallows, £1.99, Holland & Barrett
Everyone knows you need hot chocolate to drink while you watch a festive film on Christmas Eve. This dairy-free chocolate-covered spoon can be slowly stirred into warm milk (try it with oat milk) for a delicious treat topped with vegan marshmallows.
- Winter Polar Bear Unisex Pyjamas, £29, Lister & Bruce
Pyjamas are a must-have for your Christmas Eve box. Our top tip is to choose ones with a wintry print rather than a Christmas theme, so they can be worn well into the months beyond. These 100% cotton pyjamas have a cute polar bear print. We love the colour-coordinated cuffs on the wrists and ankles that help little ones learn to put them on the right way by themselves.
- Santa finger puppet, £4.99, Fiesta Crafts Pop this in your Christmas Eve box and challenge the little ones to put on a puppet show to help pass the time. They’re perfectly sized for little fingers and have lots of cute details.
- Christmas Scraper Foil Decorations, £2.00, Hobbycraft
This set contains everything you need to create six of your own metallic Christmas tree decorations – it’s the perfect craft activity for Christmas Eve.
Numberblocks Christmas Eve Box ideas
- Numberblocks toy blocks 1-10 Boxed Gift Set, £10.99, 5 Minute Fun Shop
Fans of the award-winning CBeebies show Numberblocks will love getting their hands on their very own set of blocks from 1-10. They come with two sheets of puffy stickers to complete each of the Numberblocks characters. What better Christmas Eve treat for a Numberblocks fan?
- Numberblocks Block Play Magazine, £3.99, 5 Minute Fun Shop
This colourful magazine is packed with ideas to try with the Numberblocks toy blocks, including games, puzzles and crafts. Give the blocks and magazine together for an ultimate Numberblocks-themed Christmas Eve activity.
- Numberblocks pyjamas, £8.99, Amazon
They’re cuddly, colourful and perfect for Christmas Eve and beyond… these jimjams will make your child’s Christmas!
- Numberblocks Annual, £7.99, 5 Minute Fun Shop
Christmas isn’t Christmas without an annual and no Numberblocks fan will be able to resist this one. Play games, solve puzzles, take quizzes and learn about Numberblocks one to twenty along the way.
- Numberblocks Wipe Clean Book, £6.99, 5 Minute Fun Shop
Numberblocks makes children excited about learning… even on Christmas Eve. The beauty of this book is they can practice their number skills again and again, them wipe it clean and start again.
Dinosaur Christmas Eve Box ideas
- Andy’s Adventure Dino Pack, £17.99, 5 Minute Fun Shop
Little dino lovers will be delighted to find this fun-packed card game and magazine set in their Christmas Eve box – and it’s just the ticket for helping keep them occupied as the excitement builds. It comes with a card game featuring dinosaur facts, as well as a role-play set and a height chart plus three magazines.
- Galaxy Flashy Clock, £20, Smiggle
Count down the hours till bedtime – and Santa’s arrival – with this dinosaur-themed digital clock. It flashes through different colours and lights up, and has an alarm and stopwatch feature.
- Spott Stegosaurus toy, £25.99, Steiff
This dino wins the cutest fluffy toy award. Perfect for cuddles in bed on the eve before Santa’s arrival.
Frozen Christmas Eve box
- Frozen colouring book, £5.99, 5 Minute Fun Shop
Keep fans of Elsa and Anna busy with this magical Disney Frozen II colouring book, which comes with 16 neon and glitter gel pens.
- Frozen colour-in jigsaw in a bag, £7.99, Toys and Bears
The colour-in element of this 60-piece jigsaw will keep crafty kids extra-busy on Christmas Eve. When they’re done, you can tidy the whole thing away into its own handy bag for more fun tomorrow.
- Frozen slipper boots, £12.95, Disney Store
Everyone knows Christmas is the time to don a new pair of slippers – the fluffier the better. Pop these into your Frozen-themed Christmas Eve box for toasty toes and ear-to-ear smiles.