1. Make a rainbow picture
Quick activities with zero prep
Challenge your kids to complete these tasks (click on each task to reveal some more):
Easiest ever crafts
Set your child up with these fun crafts they can complete by themselves. Just click on each idea to see easy step-by-step instructions.
Sweet and healthy treats
These simple no-cook recipes turn snack-time into a tasty activity. Click on each idea to find out more.
Tried and tested traditional craft recipes
These thrifty ideas are perfect for when you can’t go to the shops. And, because the projects take a little longer to complete, you can spend a whole morning or afternoon doing them. Just click on each activity to find the recipe, plus fun ways to extend the ideas.
30. Make DIY playdough from flour, water, oil and food colouring. And then have fun moulding it into fun sculptures.
Fun learning activities for kids
There’s no need to sit with a text book open to learn subjects at home. These simple ideas make teaching fun.
32. PHONICS: Play the Alphablocks phonics song to learn all of the letter sounds.
33. PHONICS: Build words using this Lego brick hack.
34. MATHS: Complete this number mission. Collect 4 toys, and find an object that has 4 sides. More missions.
35. MATHS: Use Numberblocks blocks (or any building blocks) to do simple sums. Make a tower of 3 and a tower of 2 and then join them together. How many blocks are there now? More fun Numberblocks games.
36. MATHS: Make snacktime count. Cut blocks of cheese (or veg) and count them on to the plate. Eat 2 – how many are left? More fun maths ideas.
37. SCIENCE: Fill a bowl with water and predict whether different objects will sink or float.
38. SCIENCE: Test whether oil and water mix with a fun marbling experiment. See this easy experiment and more.
39. SCIENCE: Charge up a balloon by rubbing it on a cushion. Then use the static electricity on the balloon to lift up your hair. Show me this simple science hack.
40. FIRST LEARNING: Give toddlers sensory experiences, like walking plastic farm animals through a field of crunch cornflakes. 15 more stress-free sensory ideas.
41. LITERACY: Write a letter to someone special and post it to practice handwriting. More beautiful handwriting activities.
Active indoor ideas: PE for little kids
When you’re stuck at home you need activities that will burn as much energy as a scoot to the park. Try these hacks to tire your kids out in the house or in the garden. You can click on each idea to find out more.
44. Make rackets using cardboard and empty loo rolls and then play a game of indoor tennis.
45. Make your own bubble mixture and chase them.
47. Go on a minibeast hunt. If you can’t leave the house, try searching for spiders in the house.
51. Play tickle tag!