Easy cooking with kids
Children will love helping you to make this cute little pastie that looks like a hedgehog! And the recipe packs in 3 of their 5-a-day. These neat parcels are perfect for lunchboxes and a great after school snack.
- 140g white potato, diced into 1cm cubes
- 70g carrot, diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, very finely sliced
- 60g frozen peas
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp Crème Fraiche
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 375g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 black olive, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to gas 4/180C/fan 160C.
- Boil the potatoes and carrots in a pan of salted water for 6-8 mins until just tender, then drain in a colander.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the leek. Fry for 5 mins until softened. Add the frozen peas and the drained potatoes and carrot. Gently stir in the mustard and crème fraiche. Season and set aside to cool.