If this year has taught us anything it’s that we can’t control life – for us or for our children. But we can try to help the way we respond to it. More people are searching for wellness tips for children than ever before, so we created these cute ways to help your child relax and tell you how they’re feeling.
1. A fun way to use breathing to feel calm
- Ask your child to lie on the floor and pop a teddy on their tummy.
- See if they can take a big breath that fills their tummy with air. Can they see the teddy getting higher and higher?
- Now, can they breathe out and watch him fall?
Try this a few times to help your child relax.
(Psst! It works on grown-ups, too!)
2. A cute way to make worries go away
- Ask your child to take a deep breath.
- When they breath out, tell them to pretend they’re blowing their worries into a balloon. Watch it fill up with all of those worries.
- Now, can they tie a knot, let go and watch their worries float away?
3. A quick way to make each other laugh
- Face each other and pull a funny face.
- See how long you can do it before someone giggles!